Re: lynx seems broken (Attn: ncurses maintainer)

On 2/26/2009 9:55 AM, Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:
"Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> writes:

Morten Kjærulff wrote:
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:10 AM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
<reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
Morten Kjærulff wrote:
Hi,

On my machine#2 I just installed lynx, but it just exit without
telling anything. Then I went to my machine#1 where lynx was already
installed, and it worked fine. I then ran setup.exe and it installed a
little. After that, lynx just exit without telling anything.
What does 'lynx; echo $?' say? What does 'cygcheck lynx' say?
$ lynx;echo $?;cygcheck lynx
57

% strace lynx -version

... pops up a message saying "The procedure entry point cur_term could not be located in the dynamic link library cygncurses-8.dll."

Rolling back libncurses8 and terminfo to the previous release solves the problem for me. Recompiling lynx from source with the new libncurses8 and terminfo packages also fixes the problem.

"What if" is a trademark of Hewlett Packard, so stop using it in your
sentences without permission, or risk being sued.