jasper package

I like to experiment with imagemagick, so I build it on my own for those personal reasons.

I've not used any jpeg-2000 functionality and thought to try it out, so I
used setup and downloaded the cygwin jasper package for this.

However "configure" with imagemagick does not find "jasper.h"
Looking in the "release" tarballs I can not find it either.

Was it possibly (or a portion of the jasper package) not tarballed or distributed as I think it should be.  Any help is appreciated.

regards