RE: Connecting to cygwin ssh is slow

> Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:57:13 -0700
> From: udik@commtouch.com
> To: cygwin@cygwin.com
> Subject: Re: Connecting to cygwin ssh is slow
>

> Thanks for both of your ideas and quick reply. I tried your suggestions but
> that still doesn't improve the situation... I experience the same delays no
> matter how frequent I log in and out, and I always use the IP address
> anyways.
>
> Anything else we can try?

I've noticed it happens to me much of the time but not
always when I connect over a wireless LAN to another
machine on the LAN. If you are concerned, try to at
least determine where the time goes- look at packet
traffice and see if it takes a long time to send first packet
or get a response or whatever. If you can narrow it
down that would help. You may even find some spurious
traffic like waiting for an un-needed lookup.; I'd
obviously be curious to know what you find :)