File not found with scp

I'm trying to use scp to copy a remote file to a local directory, and
it's telling me the file isn't found. The file is there, I can connect
and see it via ssh, and I can also use both ssh and scp with no
problem in the other direction. i.e From computer A to computer B, ssh
works but not scp. From computer B to computer A, both ssh and scp
work fine.

Here's what I did on computer A (D01843), where scp fails:

ryan.stewart@D01843 ~
$ scp 10.6.104.232:/home/ryan/foo .
ryan.stewart@10.6.104.232's password:
scp: /home/ryan/foo: No such file or directory

ryan.stewart@D01843 ~
$ ssh 10.6.104.232
ryan.stewart@10.6.104.232's password:
Last login: Wed Mar 25 09:06:12 2009 from desktop

ryan.stewart@DL03226 ~
$ cat /home/ryan/foo
hi there

Does anyone have a clue about this?