Re: cygrunsrv will not start services most of the time

Dave Korn wrote:
>   "Entrust Login Interface" seems a likely one to interfere with the launching
> of processes that change user id.  (IIRC answering -y to ssh-host-config will
> have enabled privsep).  It's probably worth the hassle of a couple of reboots
> to find out if it's doing so.

I guess I forgot to mention that I tried the sshd service without priv
separation; it doesn't help.

Also, the inetd service doesn't do any sort of priv separation, and that
doesn't work either.  The evidence seems to indicate that whatever
problem I have, it affects cygrunsrv globally, no matter what service I
use (ok, I only tried inetd and sshd, but still.. :)  ).

That said, I still uninstalled the Entrust software.  I also uninstalled
the Apple "extras" (Mobile Device, Bonjour, Apple Software Update).

Unfortunately cygrunsrv services still do not start properly.

--
Rob