1.7: Problems with 'rsync'.

I'm having two problems with 'rsync' (over 'ssh'), that are
possible pilot error.

Here's the portion of the 'bash' script I use to run 'rsync':
--
rsync -vcrRt --stats --delete --force --prune-empty-dirs \
 --compress --exclude "*.ion *.txt" --human-readable \

I'm running "rsync version 3.0.5 protocol version 30".

I would appreciate some feedback on whether anyone else has
experience with this.

First, and least importantly, each time I run 'rsync' (from
the script), I get the following error messages to the
screen regardless of whether I'm running 'mintty' or the
console as the "terminal". Although it writes the log file
correctly each time, the error message disappears if I omit
the log file option.

--
stty: standard input: Invalid argument
stty: standard input: Invalid argument
--

Secondly, and most importantly, 'rsync' is copying the
entire source directory tree, rather than from the

This contradicts both my reading of the 'man' page, version:
"28 Dec 2008", as well as my prior experience.

Is this a bug, or pilot (EBCAK) error?

Lee