Cygwin NFS Issues

I am trying to setup a Windows XP Professional laptop that is running cygwin
with nfs-server on it. The NFS server is exporting a windows directory that
I will be sharing with a virtual machine running QNX on the same laptop
using VMWARE server.

I installed the NFS server and used its configure script, then I created an
export list that exports the directory on my machine and allowed only
machines with a IP address that is local to the virtual machine. This setup
works correctly when I am connected to my domain network.

When I try to connect to the NFS share while not connected to my domain
network, the mount fails. Also, if I am connected on the network and mount a
share, this share stops working the minute I disconnect from the network.

Is what I am trying to do achievable or not?

Any help would be appreciated.