Re: Cygwin NFS Issues

jissa wrote:
I am trying to setup a Windows XP Professional laptop that is running cygwin
with nfs-server on it. The NFS server is exporting a windows directory that
I will be sharing with a virtual machine running QNX on the same laptop
using VMWARE server.

I installed the NFS server and used its configure script, then I created an
export list that exports the directory on my machine and allowed only
machines with a IP address that is local to the virtual machine. This setup
works correctly when I am connected to my domain network.

When I try to connect to the NFS share while not connected to my domain
network, the mount fails. Also, if I am connected on the network and mount a
share, this share stops working the minute I disconnect from the network.

Is what I am trying to do achievable or not?

This doesn't really sound like a Cygwin-specific issue to me (i.e. I think it's just a plain NFS/network configuration issue) but I could be wrong.

Where is the name and IP address of your XP machine coming from?  How do
you refer to it in your '/etc/fstab' file on your virtual machine?  My
WAG is that this is all determined by your domain and when you disconnect,
your IP address (and consequently your machine name) is no longer valid.
If this is not the issue, I recommend reading and following the problem
reporting guidelines found here - <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> before
sending a follow-up to this list.  If it's a Cygwin issue, we'll need some
boot-strap information before anyone here can do more than take inspired
pot-shots at the problem.  Well, maybe we'll be reduced to that anyway
but at least we'll have some basic information about your configuration
to provide a basis for the inspiration. ;-)

Holliston, MA 01746