Re: cron does not do anything

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ting Zhou" <>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 6:20 PM

Right on, Pierre! Thanks a lot for the clue. Finally I figured it out. There were two problems.

The first problem, yes, I was a bit impatient and should've waited one more minute. It seems
crontab change does take more than one minute to be effective. Once I changed it to "* * * * *",
I saw an error message in /var/log/messages saying "(CRON) error (can't cd to HOME)", which is
the second problem. For the record, my cygwin auto-generated /etc/passwd shows my home dir to be
"/cygdrive/h", which is an NT mounted share - not sure why is it set to that and why cron
couldn't cd to it. Anyway, I changed it to "/home/tzhou" and viola, the cron is working.