Cygwin 1.7 ACLs

I'm trying cygwin 1.7 for the first time. I have an existing subversion area created with a windows version of subversion. I used patch to apply a diff to an individual file. Before the patch the file permissions were inheriting from it's parent - which included the Users group, Administrators, my own local id and SYSTEM.

After the patch had been written the perms changed to my local id, None and Everyone - none of these were inherited. However this caused an issue, the file itself was a CSS file and the Users group perms were granting the IIS anon user the ability to read the static file. So the first thing that failed was that IIS could no longer read the file and subtle formatting issues occured on my dev web site.

I've had other issues as well where some edtitors can no longer write to files after trying to reapply Users (using windows explorer) permissions. In this case the Users permission were applied but my local id lost all of it's permissions because they were prevously inherited. When applying the Users permission I had to make sure that the correct perms were also re-checked for my local id.

This is on a Windows XP machine at the moment. Incidently although the first situation above was using cygwin tools on an area created by Windows tools I have also used git and git-svn to create a new source area with cygwin and this also demonstrated some subtle issues with ACLs.

I'm just wondering how other people cope with these issues?

Darren