Re: [1.7] Weird error "grep: writing output: Cannot allocate memory"

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I made some changes to Cygwin's always-burgeoning console code which limit
> the number of characters transferred to the console.  Could you check if
> it still fails with these changes?

  That fixes both the cygwin-api testcase and the problems with grep.  I also
tested it with strings up to ten meg in size by running

perl -e 'print "A"x10000000' | grep 'AAA'

which fails with the current release DLL and completes successfully with the
newly built one.

  If only those fools upstream would open their source, we could have fixed
the underlying bug for them... ;-)

    cheers,
      DaveK