This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Pyhton script to call another program
- From: VÃclav Haisman <v dot haisman at sh dot cvut dot cz>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 20:19:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: Pyhton script to call another program
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
mcbenus wrote, On 6.5.2009 17:01:
> I am trying to write a simple python script to manipulate files and call
> other programs. I have a program installed (rocs) which I run using cygwin
> (but is not in python). How can I run a python script and then call the
> other program?
> For example:
> Python Code # this line opens a file
> Python Code # this line splits the file into 4 different files
> rocs # this line calls the program 'rocs' to run on the newly formed files
> Python Code # this line renames rocs output files and saves them in the
> right place.
> I am relatively new to python and don't know a lot about cygwin. Please
> remember that if you try to answer me :) Thanks!
This is not really something you should ask here. Try some Python related
mailing list/news group/IRC channel.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html