This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [1.7] cygstart with non-ASCII arguments and UTF-8 locale don't work.
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 21:20:46 -0400
- Subject: Re: [1.7] cygstart with non-ASCII arguments and UTF-8 locale don't work.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
IWAMURO Motonori wrote:
> cygstart with non-ASCII arguments and UTF-8 locale don't work on cygwin-1.7.0.
>> ls -l
> total 1
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 iwa None 7 Apr 28 00:22 αβγ.txt
>> cygstart αβγ.txt
> Unable to start 'C:\cygwin-1.7\tmp\αβγ.txt': The specified file was not found.
Thanks for the patch. I've released cygutils-1.4.0 for cygwin-1.7 with a
modified version of it.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html