Re: Cygwin 1.7 setup question

On May 14 13:54, Karl M wrote:
> > From: corinna
> > It's not running scripts as administrators.none, it's running them as
> > user.users-primary-group. That's "None" for all local accounts.
> >
> Is this setup behavior expected to stay the same, or eventually run
> them as administrator.administrators?

It does not run as administrator.administrators, but as
current_user.administrators *if* current_user is member of the
administrators group.

The current behaviour, that postinstall scripts are running under
current_user.current_users_primary_group, is unfortunate and, in my
opinion, is a bug, but I have not found a useful workaround for this
behaviour so far.  Anyway, I have this on my overlong todo list.

Corinna

Red Hat