UAC .manifest files

I'm up and running again, this time with Windows 7 RC x64 (at least for now), so I'm getting my first intro to the joys of UAC, which is fortunately more sane in Win7 than it is in Vista.

I now realize that there are a number of packages, in both the distro and Ports, which still need .manifest files added for their binaries. I think the best solution is to let cygport detect susceptible apps and generate .manifest files automatically.

1. AFAICS, this affects EXEs with names containing "install", "patch", "setup", or "update". Are there any more patterns?

2. According to MSDN[1], the name attribute of the assemblyIdentity subelement should be uniquely named in a Organization.Division.Name format. Our existing manifests don't do that; should we? Does it matter?

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa374191(VS.85).aspx

Yaakov