Re: 1.7.0 sem_open

On 12/06/2009 05:19, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jun 12 12:16, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Certainly a good idea.  I don't know if it would hurt if too many
symbols could be linked against via librt.a.  We could move the
realtime functions from timer.cc and times.cc into its own source
file.  Or we could create it with only the symbols from posix_ipc.cc,
just so it is available for linking.

I doubt it would hurt to have "extra" symbols in librt.a in our case, since they are still available in libc/libcygwin where they belong. OTOH moving the realtime functions may involve some code refactoring with little benefit.

As for having "enough" symbols in librt, it may just be enough that librt simply exists in some form. The cases I have seen where realtime functions were used, the configure checks looked in both libc and librt. The issue is with makefiles which add -lrt indiscriminately, assuming it must be present; those cases don't really care what it contains.

For now I did the latter.  Adding more symbols to it shouldn't be much
of a problem, if required.

Great, thank you. That will probably suffice.

Yaakov