To boost maintainer

No, you  have not done adequate testing obviously.

I know what I'm doing and I tested 1.39 and it DOES NOT WORK with
cygwin gcc-4, you have to compile gcc yourself if you want it to work.

Stop giving wrong information to people, you are wasting others' time.
I see that you've said exactly the same thing to somebody else who
couldn't get it to work.

What I am saying is that giving the --enable-auto-import flag manually
to the linker DOES NOT SOLVE anything. It only makes a freezing
program crash. Doh'.

I've explained the build procedure that I used in detail, only to
/dev/null it seems. Try to read my mail carefully. All the information
you need to replicate the bug is there. If you have a working build
procedure to run program_options, supply it, and no --Wl,... per your
suggestion solves exactly nothing, to repeat myself, in case this bit
of simple information is not getting through. I'd already tried it on
both cygwin 1.5 and cygwin 1.7, multiple times, to no avail.

And more obviously, you have not taken the time to run the TEST SUITES
of program_options and regexp libraries, i.e. libraries that do
require linking. Do you know how to run the test suites of boost, I
wonder? If not, I suggest you to give it a shot, you might be
surprised! Go into the test suite and example directories and invoke
bjam by providing its path, it should be that simple. It might not
crash with every boost library so you have to try those libs...

Also, why is it so difficult to accept that there may be something
wrong with gcc-4 in cygwin? Somebody wrote a patch that has only
limited applicability, and guess what it does have limited
applicability.

xemacs is also broken I bet it's the same dynamic linking error.

PS: CC to me I am not subscribed to this list

--
Eray Ozkural, PhD candidate.  Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara
Researcher, Erendiz Superbilgisayar Ltd.