This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Username hassles
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:02:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: Username hassles
- References: <loom.20090713T123539firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Paul Mead (Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:38:39 +0000 (UTC))
> Hi, I've got cygwin running on a work machine with a weird username
> IS dept. Somehow I managed to make the user name on cygwin to be 'paul' but all
> the files loaded by cygwin setup are owned by 'MEAD8998'.
> Is there any way (short of complete reinstallation) of changing cygwin so that
> it uses 'paul' as the user for these files?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple