wrong home directory

I've searched all over the web for an answer to my problem but i couldn't find one, so I decided to send a mail here.

After I installed Cygwin, I noticed that my home directory '~' is not /home/helvio, i.e. /cygdrive/c/cygwin/home/helvio (helvio is my user ID), as I wanted it to. Instead, my home directory is /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Emacs ! This is the folder where my GNU Emacs for Windows v21.3.1 is installed (I got it here: I'd like to Cygwin to open in /home/helvio by default, but I don't know how to do this!

I read in many places that, in order to change my home directory, I should edit /etc/passwd. But there, however, my home directory is set as /home/helvio ! Here is the relevant line of my passwd file:

So, what should I do to make /home/helvio my default home folder (instead of the Emacs folder)?

btw, my OS is Windows Vista Home Premium SP1, if that is of any help.

Best regards,