This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: maximum number of cygwin processes per user?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:25:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: maximum number of cygwin processes per user?
- References: <A5ADE5555FCE437E96E850BA717DFD3D@multiplay.co.uk>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 07:13:21PM +0100, Steven Hartland wrote:
>Having a strange issue where process creation seems to fail for no good
>reason. I think I've hit a process creation limit.
>Googling around I found:
>Is it still the case that cygwin is limited to a max number of
>processes and is this on a user by user basis as starting the same
>thing under a different user seems to work.
The process limit is 256 per program. You should see an EAGAIN errno
being set if the process limit is hit. The overall per-user process
limit is controlled by Windows.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple