Re: SOLVED [1.7] login ignores /etc/passwd in first invokation

On Jul 22 19:59, Wolfgang Goetz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Jul 21 21:18, Wolfgang Goetz wrote:
> >> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >> snippet from 'net config workstation':
> >> Workstation domain                   EMEA
> >> Logon domain                         AD1

> >> made with mkpasswd -l -d,   homepath changed for my account.
> >
> > I'm not entirely sure, but it might help to call `mkpasswd -l -d AD1
> > instead.
> >

> *cool*, that's it.

I'm glad to read that.

> maybe a flaw in mkpasswd asking the 'wrong' domain?

No, it's not a flaw.  In case nobody tells mkpasswd what domain to
read, it defaults to the workstation domain.  That makes the most
sense.  If you have special needs and multiple domains, you have
to care fo that manually.  Your case is a bit problemtaic since
you're just moving from one domain to another domain and the user
name exists in both domains.  You wouldn't have seen this problem
if your workstation had been moved as well.

Corinna

Red Hat