Re: 1.7.0 - problem with unusual characters in file name

On Jul 22 14:47, Denis Petrov wrote:
> I have a file with a character 0xf028 in the name, which seems to
> break Cygwin's file name conversion routine. I took a cursory look
> through the code and I am going to try to step through it with a
> debugger but I thought maybe someone already has an idea how to make
> Cygwin to play nice with it?

Sorry, but there's no such way.  The area between 0xf000 and 0xf0ff is
in the private use area in the UNICODE charset.  Just like Interix,
Cygwin uses this to map special characters not allowed in filenames on
Windows filesystems to a valid UNICODE value and to map it back to their
ASCII equivalents internally to enhance POSIX compatibility.
This is also documented
http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html#pathnames-specialchars
and it's not going to be changed.

Corinna