Re: perl-Tk is broken

2009/7/23 Wolfgang Goetz:
> Reini Urban wrote:
>> 2009/7/16 Wolfgang Goetz:
>>> cygwin.c:173: error: redefinition of 'wlen'
>> Please try the official cygwin/cygwin.c from
>> http://github.com/rurban/perl/raw/49c38585884a547ae094a6be3f8a37db3018e48d/cygwin/cygwin.c
>
> 1) copying this file right behind the 'rsync' of perl-current.
> patch applies,
> build fails.
>
> the 'tar cfz' of perl-current is named perl-5.10.0.tar.gz
> PANIC! perl-current-`date +..`.tgz may be ok
> why not using the stable tgz from cpan?
> current will not achieve a consistent build over time.

Because 5.10.0 stable is not stable as agreed by everyone on p5p.
I added some patches which came in over time, so it's really more a perl-5.10.05
Similar to the ActiveState 5.10 release

I have the 1.7 version in test now for some weeks and release it soon,
after the
pending clisp and postgresql. I gave up on the new parrot and perl6 again, so I
don't have to waste my time there.

> http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Tk+804.028_501
> ohjeh.. perl 5.8.8 is yellow for cygwin.
> there seems to be no interest at all for the moment.

I had some spare time some time ago to fix most of the issues, it compiles now ,
just the event loop still needs to be reconfigured.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/           http://murbreak.at/