This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-54
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 23:31:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: [1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-54
- References: <20090730202942.GP18621@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 07:44:52PM -0400, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> Something still not 100% correct with 1.7.0-54
>> startxwin.bat gives me this error:
>> xterm: Can't execvp /usr/bin/tcsh: Invalid argument
>> xterm: Could not exec /bin/bash: Invalid argument
>> I can start both shells in a DOS window, however.
>Starting mintty with bash also fails with:
>exec: bash: Invalid argument
>but as Jim pointed out, using cygwin.bat is fine (run from a DOS window).
I was able to duplicate the mintty problem and track it down.
I hope that the mintty problem is the same as the xterm problem.
I'll upload a new -55 version of cygwin ASAP.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple