This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: install from install files?
- From: Robert Mark Bram <robertmarkbram dot cygwin at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 17:29:28 +1000
- Subject: Re: install from install files?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4A6EEB12.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4A6FBA4C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090731221555.GA4864@LTC-XPL-330> <4A73E179.email@example.com>
> > Is there some way I can re-create one big setup.ini file from my current
> > computer, and just have setup use that on the new computer ?
> ?Yes. ?The information about which packages you actually have installed lives
> in /etc/setup/installed.db. ?If you copy over the installed.db from the old
> machine to the new one (in the correct place where it's going to live in the
> eventual new cygwin installation, i.e. C:\cygwin\etc\setup\installed.db if
> you're going to install to C:\cygwin), run setup.exe, tell it to install from
> the local package dir that you've already copied across and on the chooser page
> click 'reinstall' at the top level of the package tree view, it should then
> install the same set of packages.
Excellent tip - thank you DaveK.. I will use this one.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple