This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: running MS link.exe under Cygwin sshd?
- From: Stephan Mueller <Stephan dot Mueller at microsoft dot com>
- To: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 15:46:43 +0000
- Subject: RE: running MS link.exe under Cygwin sshd?
- Deferred-delivery: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 15:47:00 +0000
- References: <COL101-W36BBE2AAC62BCE7BE9CDE4E6110@phx.gbl> <4A73DD05.firstname.lastname@example.org>
" Why VS feels the need to put the PDB access in a separate process under
" separate access rights is very puzzling, but there it is.
I _believe_ it's a separate process to facilitate writing to a single pdb from multiple simultaneous compiles. Dunno about the separate access rights.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple