This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-54
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 13:47:15 -0400
- Subject: Re: [1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-54
- References: <20090730202942.GP18621@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20090801033156.GA13096@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:31:56PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 07:44:52PM -0400, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>>> Something still not 100% correct with 1.7.0-54
>>> startxwin.bat gives me this error:
>>> xterm: Can't execvp /usr/bin/tcsh: Invalid argument
>>> xterm: Could not exec /bin/bash: Invalid argument
>>> I can start both shells in a DOS window, however.
>>Starting mintty with bash also fails with:
>>exec: bash: Invalid argument
>>but as Jim pointed out, using cygwin.bat is fine (run from a DOS window).
>I was able to duplicate the mintty problem and track it down.
>I hope that the mintty problem is the same as the xterm problem.
>I'll upload a new -55 version of cygwin ASAP.
Nope. Now that I have more time to test, I still see more problems.
-55 is probably slightly better than -54 but I still need to track
down some memory corruption.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple