This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: p7zip-9.04-10
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 13:20:34 -0400
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: p7zip-9.04-10
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
p7zip is the Unix port of 7-Zip, a file archiver that archives
with very high compression ratios.
p7zip provides /usr/bin/7zr, a standalone minimal version of the
7-zip tool that only handles 7z archives. It also provides
/usr/bin/7za, a statically-linked application that supports packing
and unpacking 7z, zip, gzip, bzip2, and tar archives. Additionally,
it provides /usr/bin/7z, a module-based application that supports
the full set of 7-zip compression formats:
pack/unpack: 7z, zip, gzip, bzip2, xz, tar
unpacking: arj, cab, chm, cpio, dmg, hfs, lzh, lzma, wim, xar, z
installer formats: nsis, deb, rpm, msi
filesystem images: udf, iso, ntfs, fat, vhd, mbr
The modules used by 7z are located in /usr/lib/p7zip/.
RAR unpacking support is NOT provided, as the UnRAR license not
OSI-approved and is incompatible with cygwin. You are free to download
the source package and rebuild p7zip *for your own personal use* as
long as you do not distribute the resulting binary, if you need RAR
[[ compiled using gcc-3.4.4-999 and g++-3.4.4-999 ]]
This is a feature release update to the latest upstream source.
CHANGES (since 4.65-1)
* update to latest release
* Notable upstream changes:
= From Windows version of 7-zip 9.04 :
- 7-Zip now can update solid .7z archives.
- 7-Zip now supports LZMA2 compression method.
- 7-Zip now supports XZ archives.
- 7-Zip now can unpack NTFS, FAT, VHD and MBR archives.
- 7-Zip now can unpack GZip, BZip2, LZMA, XZ and TAR archives from stdin.
- New -scrc switch to calculate total CRC-32 during extracting / testing.
- Some bugs were fixed.
= Fixed #2799966 "A newly created 7z archive (by p7zip 4.65) is broken and
cannot be unpacked / listed / tested"
* update setup.hint: No longer explicitly specify requires: cygwin, but do
specify bash dependency for p7zip wrapper script.
* update to latest debian patchset
01_makefile.patch : don't compile non-free RAR code
02_man.patch : format corrections for nroff
03_respect-umask-partial.diff : Most of original 03 patch absorbed
upstream. (Ditto 04 patch)
volunteer p7zip maintainer for cygwin
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is
available starting at this URL.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple