This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Eric Blake <ericblake at comcast dot net>
- To: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Cygwin Tech List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 12:25:46 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: _setlocale_r
> (Alternatively, making them reentrant by making the locale settings
> part of the REENT structure might be rather useful actually, for at
> least two reasons: different threads could use different locales, and
> you could convert between different charsets using the the _r
> of the mb functions without having to switch locale all the time.)
This is the correct fix. Besides, it paves the way towards implementing
the *_l re-entrant locale-based functions added in POSIX 2008.
But you should be asking this on the newlib list.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple