This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [1.7] unzip is OK, zip is not
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 14:15:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: [1.7] unzip is OK, zip is not
- References: <email@example.com> <4A5E2421.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Charles Wilson wrote:
> Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
>> I have been running Cygwin 1.7 for a while.
>> There is one annoying problem, when ZIP/UNZIP were installed, I have
>> an unzip.exe executable, but no zip.exe executable. This doesn't
>> matter in *sh shells, but does matter when I'm using Cygwin in a "DOS"
>> c:\>which unzip
>> unzip is an external : C:\Cygwin\bin\unzip.exe
>> c:\>which zip
>> zip is an unknown command
>> Is there a way to fix this (other than by making another copy of the file)?
> Known packaging error in zip-3.0-10. I haven't had a chance to respin
> and push zip-3.0-11 yet.
> Just 'mv zip zip.exe' for now.
Should be fixed (for cygwin-1.7) by recent zip-3.0-11 release. This
packaging bug did not occur on cygwin-1.5, so zip-3.0-1 has not been
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple