This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe arguments missing documentation
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 09:58:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: setup.exe arguments missing documentation
- References: <4A7E9BF8.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 02:50:48AM -0700, Ian Kelling wrote:
>Excerpt from ./setup-1.7.exe --help:
>-P --packages Specify packages to install
>-l --local-package-dir Local package directory
>I know from the faq that -l takes an argument of the package directory. This
>should be expressed in the --help output. Something like:
>-l --local-package-dir DIR Local package directory
>-l --local-package-dir=DIRECTORY Local package directory
>Since I haven't seen an example of the -P options, and from the help I have
>no idea if it means that there should be an argument to it naming a package,
>or multiple packages.
A patch to change the help output would be welcome.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple