This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-57
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:20:30 +0200
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: cygwin-1.7.0-57
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I just uploaded a new Cygwin 1.7 test release, 1.7.0-57.
I refrain from telling nonsense like "this is the last test release"
and stuff like that. I finally catched up with reality.
You know the drill by now, see the older test release announcements
Btw., the User's Guide is also available as PDF now:
What's new in contrast to 1.7.0-56
- Fix `mount -a' command to create more than just one of the new entries.
- mkgroup -d -g <groupname>' didn't work correctly for gloabl groups.
- Fix a signal problem in the WCONTINUED case.
- Fix more potential crashes introduce with the memory size reduction
patch in the -53 test release.
- Reduce default socket buffer size to 65535 since some people can
reproduce a problem duplicating a socket handle with a buffer size
- Workaround XP/2003 bug in getnameinfo in case the port number doesn't
resolve to a well-known service.
- Workaround yet another Windows 7 problem with console windows.
- Fix the shell script executablity check introduced in -51. This solves
the "bad interpreter: Permission denied" problem reported in
- Fix a rare border case in process startup which only occurs if a
native Win32 application starts a Cygwin application with one of more
of the incoming stdio handles being a socket handle.
- Set NGROUPS and NGROUPS_MAX values to a more sane value (1024 rather
- Q: How do I know that I'm running Cygwin 1.7.0-57?
A: The `uname -v' command prints "2009-08-11 11:07"
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple