This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Supporting Data Types "ushort_t" and "uchar_t"
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:31:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: Supporting Data Types "ushort_t" and "uchar_t"
- References: <4A82CBB1.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Larry Adams wrote:
> Hi list,
> Are there plans to support these two data types in the near future. I
> just ran across this portability issue a few minutes ago.
They're not part of the C standard. Are they some definition from the linux
kernel or something?
POSIX would certainly permit us to add these definitions as an extension(*) so
there shouldn't be any problem if you wanted to submit a patch to newlib (where
Cygwin's types.h comes from).
(*) - B.2.12 http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/xrat/xsh_chap02.html
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple