This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin1.dll 1.7.0-5x: RSYNC failures in close() system call on pipe file descriptors
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 19:43:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: Cygwin1.dll 1.7.0-5x: RSYNC failures in close() system call on pipe file descriptors
- References: <4A844A97.email@example.com>
> The RSYNC application fails in close() on the pipe streams to and from
> child processes created when rsync starts.
> When running rsync.exe and cygwin1.dll from cygwin 1.5 within the 1.7
> installation on the same system (WinXP pro),
> the identical invocation completes without errors.
> The problems appears to be a bug in the cygwin.dll
> For example,
> $ rsync -a /etc /test
> produces the following messages:
> rsync: Failed to dup/close: Socket operation on non-socket (108)
> rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at pipe.c(147) [receiver=3.0.5]
> rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
> rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at io.c(759) [sender=3.0.5]
WJFFM on win2k, cygwin1.7 built from CVS on 20090812, and even with
1.7.0-57; -58 hasn't propagated to my local mirror yet. BLODA?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple