This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin1.dll 1.7.0-5x: RSYNC failures in close() system call on pipe file descriptors
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:57:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin1.dll 1.7.0-5x: RSYNC failures in close() system call on pipe file descriptors
- References: <4A844A97.email@example.com> <20090813183053.GU13438@calimero.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 08:30:53PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Aug 13 13:17, cygwin wrote:
>>The RSYNC application fails in close() on the pipe streams to and from
>>child processes created when rsync starts. When running rsync.exe and
>>cygwin1.dll from cygwin 1.5 within the 1.7 installation on the same
>>system (WinXP pro), the identical invocation completes without errors.
>>The problems appears to be a bug in the cygwin.dll
>>$ rsync -a /etc /test
>>produces the following messages:
>>rsync: Failed to dup/close: Socket operation on non-socket (108)
>>rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at pipe.c(147) [receiver=3.0.5]
>>rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
>>rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at io.c(759) [sender=3.0.5]
>I tested the exact above command with cygwin 1.7-0-58 and rsync-3.0.5-1
>on Windows 7, WIndows Server 2008 SP2, as well as on XP SP3.
"Socket operation on non-socket" sounds like the problem that Eric Blake
says is still in 1.7.0 despite my recent change.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple