This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
creating persistance mounts
- From: Paul McFerrin <pmcferrin at columbus dot rr dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 13:47:45 -0400
- Subject: creating persistance mounts
- Reply-to: pmcferrin at columbus dot rr dot com
When I first generated my 1.7 cygwin system, it created the System mount
points for me. In looking the documentations for mount, I can not find
the necessary info to create a persistance system mount. Anything I
mount get taged as a "user" mount. What's the secret. I use the "-s"
options, it gets flagged as invalid arg. I tried:
mount -f -s R: /r DOESN'T WORK
mount -f -o -s R: /r DOESN'T WORK
mount -f -o --system R: /r SAME
mount -f --system R: /r SAME
mount -f R: /r WORKS, except as "user"
The documentation does not help much (man pages & web page). Can
someone tell me how to mount a FS as "system"?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple