Re: Compiling problem

Dave

Thank you very much. I shall not forget -v now. It told me straight away that I had stupidly forgotten to install the cygwin gcc but did have MinGW gcc on the path which of course only understands Windows paths.

Regards
Bob

Dave Korn wrote:
Bob Cowdery wrote:
Either I'm too impatient, the question is too trivial for people to
bother with or too complex or lacking information to be answerable. As
I've not posted to this group before and have hardly used Cygwin I've no
idea which of the above is true. Anybody... please.

Complex and lacking information. I've never heard of Cython or Pyrex, but if you could manage to cut your failing compile down to a really simple testcase that anyone can reproduce, you'll get a lot more help a lot quicker.

part of the compile. I installed Pyrex and have tried to build a
minimal Python module but gcc can't seem to locate the python header
files. They are there and the -I points to the right place
'-I/usr/include/python2.5'. In that directory is Python.h which it
can't find.

Copy and paste the failing command line from your build logs into a bash shell, adding the "-v" flag. If the list of search paths that shows you doesn't help, try making a copy of the failing .c file, but snip out everything after the #include statements at the top, and try compiling that (with the same command-line, just change the name of the .c file it mentions). If that also doesn't work, post the commandline and the cut-down .c file here.

    cheers,
      DaveK