Re: Compiling problem

David

I run the other way around at the moment, Vista VM under Ubuntu. For production it's a definite possibility to do as you say but there is I/O involved that may not work too great on a VM so a lot of testing is required and timescales are as usual too short.

Regards
Bob

David Christensen wrote:
Bob Cowdery wrote:
My end game was to install Cython and compile up some Python stuff which was written on Linux but needs to run on Windows. There are lots

of shell scripts involved and the complete system does not lend itself

to running native, hence the short-term need to run under Cygwin.

As an alternative, how about installing virtual machine software on Windows, get/build a GNU/Linux virtual machine, and put your software on that?

David