This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: run-1.1.11-1
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:02:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: run-1.1.11-1
- References: <200908161148.n7GBm9tk031927@StraightRunning.com>
Colin Harrison wrote:
> var wshell = new ActiveXObject('WScript.Shell');
> wshell.Run('"C:\\Program Files\\Xming\\xeyes.exe" -display :2',0);
> It's the '0' that does the magic.
Yep, I've even got an implementation in VB that does the same thing, as
well as parsing an XML spec to enable setting the PATH and other
environment variables before launching the target. It was the prototype
for my "run2" application.
However, a lot of folks are used to using the run.exe tool, and I'd hate
But it's good to get this solution into the mailing list archives.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple