This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin-1.7 and 'None' [was Nobody] group
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 10:50:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygwin-1.7 and 'None' [was Nobody] group
- References: <4A891910.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Aug 17 10:47, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Now, since them have been created by setup-1.7.exe (called from
> Start/Run), I would expect that, after the changes 513 --> 544 etc. in
> /etc/passwd, they belong to Administrators etc. (as the do in Cygwin-1.5
> and for the other files in 1.7). Evidently, my logic, here, is wrong.
Setup-1.7 creates the files with POSIX-like permissions and other group
membership. Other than that, changing /etc/passwd does obviously not
change the actual group membership of a file.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple