This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: autoconf2.5-2.64-1
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 20:35:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: autoconf2.5-2.64-1
- References: <4a8c33e7.180bca0a.0354.7361SMTPIN_ADDED@mx.google.com>
Charles Wilson wrote:
> This release includes the use of shell functions, providing smaller and
> faster configure scripts.
Seriously, this should not be underestimated. I tried it for the first time
last night, and suddenly configure scripts really just fly by; I'm used to a
second or two's delay between the results being output from each test, but
this thing will suddenly scroll you half a screen full of results in a
fraction of a second when it's on top of its game. Seriously, w00t!
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple