This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ssh and start vnc
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 15:59:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: ssh and start vnc
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 8/20/2009 2:49 PM, ishan wrote:
i wanted to ssh to my windows machine from my linux box and start a vnc
server/rdesktop server .................is it possible and how do i go about
for example. There are a number of resources out there
that talk about using ssh and VNC to provide a secure pipe from one machine
to another. If the Windows machine is behind a router/firewall, don't
forget to forward the ports you're using from the firewall to the machine.
Also open the corresponding ports on any locally run firewall on each
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple