This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
fresh install, tcsh problems
- From: dye1146 at sbcglobal dot net (Ken R. Dye)
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:35:18 -0500
- Subject: fresh install, tcsh problems
- Reply-to: dye1146 at sbcglobal dot net
On a recent fresh install of cygwin, I had problems with
getting the tcsh shell to work. "if: Expression Syntax".
I figured out to invoke it with -V to be verbose on the
system scripts and found a issue with
/etc/profile.d/complete.tcsh having problems with home
directory names that have spaces in them, and since windows
home directories reside in "Documents and Settings" this
should be a problem with *every* install.
A little googling on the problem found this:
so the problem/fix was reported in April 2008.
Is this cygwin's way of saying "you should be using bash"?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple