This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [1.7] Admins can write to readonly files
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 11:47:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: [1.7] Admins can write to readonly files
- References: <1MgyLg-0CvIW00@fwd04.aul.t-online.de>
Christian Franke wrote:
> For members of Admin group, Cygwin 1.7 allows to overwrite files without
> write permission, but Cygwin 1.5 does not.
You are the root user, this is Unix. Of course you can overwrite files
without write permission.
> Is this a intended change of 1.7 ?
Yep, think so.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple