This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cannot get 'Hello World' to compile
- From: "Mark J. Reed" <markjreed at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 12:31:43 +0000
- Subject: Re: Cannot get 'Hello World' to compile
- References: <email@example.com>
You named your program with a .c and ran gcc on it. Both of those mean
C, which is a different language from C++. A C++ compiler will
compile a C program, but not the other way around.
Rename your file to end in .cc, .c++, .cpp, or .cxx, your choice (or
capital .C if you have case sensitivity turned on), and run "g++"
instead of "gcc".
Mark J. Reed <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple