This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [1.7] On checkX
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 20:46:22 -0400
- Subject: Re: [1.7] On checkX
- References: <4A9871EA.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
[redirecting, AGAIN, to cygwin-xfree. This is OT for the main cygwin list]
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce. Try running checkX with (progressively):
this should help to narrow down how far it gets (and perhaps why) before
dying. You may also need to use the --nogui option, and redirect stderr
to a logfile.
# Cleanup from last run.
rm -rf /tmp/.X11-unix
XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error 2>/dev/null &
/usr/bin/checkX || start_XWin
while ! /usr/bin/checkX
printf "waiting for xserver to start\n"
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple