This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mintty doesn't run on NT4 due to lack of GetConsoleWindow
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 22:48:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: mintty doesn't run on NT4 due to lack of GetConsoleWindow
- References: <20090806044706.GA2009@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
> I spent much of the day trying to resurrect my Windows NT4 system and
> now that I finall have it back, I just tried to run mintty and noticed
> that it seems to be using GetConsoleWindow. ÂThat's not allowed on NT4.
> I get an error that says:
> "The procedure entry point GetConsoleWindow could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"
> Andy would it be possible to avoid calling this function when it isn't
> available? ÂI'm going to put back the workaround code which used to be
> used on Windows 9x in Cygwin so you can steal that when I'm done if
> you'd like.
Could you give the latest svn trunk version a go on NT4? A compiled
binary is here:
(Btw, MinTTY 0.5-beta1 is also available from http://mintty.googlecode.com.)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple