This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cannot initialize bash shell after Cygwin 1.5.24 install
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 22:07:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cannot initialize bash shell after Cygwin 1.5.24 install
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 08/30/2009 08:49 PM, Doug Ruff wrote:
I've just completed the installation of Cygwin 1.5.24 to my Windows
Server 2003 64-bit machine.
May I suggest that you try again with the current release (1.5.25) or
even the pending release 1.7 (http://cygwin.com/#beta-test)? If there
still exists a problem, any fix is really only going to show up in 1.7.
The 1.5.x series is on life-support now and won't be seeing any
Here's my cygcheck -svr output:
We really prefer this to be *attached* rather than appended.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple