RE: Can't get SSHD s tarted aft er success fully runn ing sshd-h ost-config â

Thanks a lot for the help.  I did the following and sshd now runs successfully:

0.  I did some grepping to try and find permissions to reset after my erroneous direct call to /usr/sbin/sshd.  I saved these permissions in a script which I ran.  I'm not sure if this contributed to the fix or not.  However, I have attached the script.
1.  I clicked "Keep" until it showed "Reinstall" next to OpenSSH using setup.exe.
2.  I ran ssh-host-config
3.  I ran cygrunsrv --start sshd
4.  Got the same error as before, but checked /var/logs/sshd.log and saw:

[fido ~]$ cat /var/log/sshd.log
/var/empty must be owned by root and not group or world-writable.
/var/empty must be owned by root and not group or world-writable.
[fido ~]$ ls -ld /var/empty
drwxr-xr-x+ 2 sshd Administrators 0 Sep 21 14:20 /var/empty/

5.  So I changed the owner of /var/empty to SYSTEM

[fido ~]$ chown SYSTEM /var/empty
[fido ~]$

6.  Then I ran cygrunsrv --start sshd again and sshd started successfully

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222985/direct/01/