Re: how to let cygwin does not mount /bin /usr/bin automaticlly?

Again, I'd ask that you <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>. I don't need the
spam and others that respond to you also are likely to not want to see more.

On 09/22/2009 12:11 PM, ïãçåæ wrote:
Thanks. I want to know how to change this configuration.

I do as follows:

bash-3.2$ /bin/umount /usr/bin
umount: /usr/bin: Operation not permitted

but i does not work. Any idea?

You won't be able to do this without changing some code internally. Cygwin 1.7
tries very hard to keep your installation consistent and valid. If you want something
different, you'll need to undo the code that works to accomplish this. Off-hand, I don't
recall where that code is. But since you can also look at the code (and recent
changelogs :-) ), I expect you can locate it at least as quickly as I could.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746